I wasn’t expecting to have loved this subject so much, but I found it completely engrossing!! So, now looking forward to completing my Aromatherapy foundation, and am working through my ‘case studies’. Anatomy and Physiology, is a fascinating course, and really helped me to put my Aromatherapy knowledge into context. I already know that it will be a great ‘stepping stone’ to other areas of learning, and I don’t doubt that it will enhance my abilities, and credibility, as a professional therapist. I highly recommend your Anatomy and Physiology course. All the very best to you, and the team.
Nicola Armstrong – County Down, Northern Ireland
Having not studied for over 20 years, I was really worried that I would have lost the knack. The Anatomy & Physiology course was really very interesting and the more I looked back over each module, the more I could see how they all linked together, and this is from someone who didn’t study Biology at school past age 12! I’m sure it will be invaluable to the other subjects I have lined up to do with the School of Natural Health Sciences next, and will give people confidence that I at least have some idea how the body works. I look forward to Aromatherapy next – yippee!!!
Janine Seddon – Surrey, England
Summary of Topics included in the Anatomy and Physiology Course
• Introduction to Anatomy & Physiology – Overall structure and composition of the body
• The Cells – Types – Prokaryotes and Eukaryotes. Groups – Somatic, Gamete, Germ and Stem.Cell Membrane and Transportation, Reproduction and Death
• The Skeletal System – Bones – Development and Growth, The Human Skeleton – Axial & Appendicular, Other Connective Tissues
• The Integumentary System – Seven Functions, Skin – Epidermis, Dermis and Fatty Tissue or Sub dermal layer. The effect of Aging, Diseases and Disorders
• Digestive Organs and Systems
• Male & Female Reproductive Systems
• The Muscular System – Skeletal, Smooth & Cardiac Muscles
• The Nervous System – Brain, Spinal Cord, Nerves, Ganglia & Receptor Organs
• The Endocrine System – Collection of Glands Producing Hormones & Regulating Metabolism
• The Respiratory System – Nasal Passage, Larynx, Trachea, Bronchial Tubes & Lungs
• Pituitary, Thyroid, Adrenal and Hypothalamus Glands
• The Cardiovascular System – Heart, Arteries, Capillaries & Veins
• The Lymphatic System, Vascular System and Immune System
• The Digestive and Urinary Systems – Including Hormones and Enzymes that assist digestion
• Systemic Circulation
• The Reproductive System – Male & Female Organs and Parts which function in Reproduction
Detailed knowledge of Anatomy and Physiology is the sound base on which the student can build in order to become a knowledgeable and valued Holistic Practitioner.
Course Completion Times (approx)
We do not impose any time limits on the completion of our courses. You simply work through the lessons at your own pace, free from the restrictions and pressures of working to deadlines.
On average students take approximately 200 hours to complete a non advanced course and in excess of 300 hours to complete an advanced course, plus time for ‘practical work’ with your volunteers for any ‘hands-on’ therapy.
On successful completion of any of our courses, you will receive a ‘Practitioner/Therapist level Diploma’. Our courses are accredited and recognised around the world.
For the full listing of these independent ‘Professional Bodies’, see our Accreditation page.
Their Membership packs include referral to Insurance Companies for your Public Liability Insurance.
About the Anatomy and Physiology Course Writer
Tony Edwards holds advanced qualifications in Nutrition, Counselling, Psychotherapy and Behaviour Modification, Stress Management, Transpersonal Psychotherapy and Naturopathy.
He is a Nationally Registered Hypnotherapist and Hypnoanalyst, a Member of the Association of Natural Medicine, a Fellow of the British Institute of Hypnotherapy and NLP. He is also a Fellow of the Linnean Society (London), a Member of the College of Medicine (London) and a Life Fellow of Medicina Alternativa. Tony is also a Member of the Society of Naturopaths and a Registered Naturopath. Tony is also the author of internationally recognised training courses and texts in these subjects.
Those who have studied with us previously, will be familiar with Tony’s excellent presentation of many of our courses. Tony is the author and tutor of several of our internationally respected School of Natural Health Sciences distance learning courses. These professional courses cover a range of well-established complementary therapy subjects such as Hypnotherapy and Advanced Clinical Hypnotherapy/Psychotherapy, Medical Hypnotherapy, Meridian Psychotherapy, Aura and Chakra Energy Healing, Crystal Healing, Diabetes Risk Awareness, Nutrition, Past Life Therapy, Herbalism and Reiki.
Course Fee Payment Options
Single payment of £295
By instalments: £95 deposit followed by 4 monthly payments of £50.
Single payment of £135
By instalments: £50 deposit followed by 2 monthly payments of £50.
Single payment of $590
By instalments: $190 deposit followed by 4 monthly payments of $100.
Single payment of $270
By instalments: $100 deposit followed by 2 monthly payments of $100.
If you need more information about our Anatomy and Physiology Course, please complete the form:
Make sure our reply lands in your Inbox!
To prevent our reply being sent to your Junk or Spam Folder, please:
Add us as a ‘Contact’ in your email ‘Address Book’. (email@example.com)
Add our domain name (naturalhealthcourses.com) to your email ‘Safe Senders List’.