Subjects included in the Course
• What is Hot Stone Massage?
• The Benefits of Hot Stone Massage include – Deep Relaxation, Reduces Stress, Improves Circulation, Eliminates Toxins, Releases Tension in Connective Tissue and Relieves Pain in Muscles and Joints
• The Benefits of Cold Stone Massage include – Refreshes and Stimulates the Mind, Relieves Tissue Congestion e.g Sinus, Increases Lymphatic Flow and Stimulates the Nervous System
• Use of Stones throughout History – Hippocrates to Modern Day
• Equipment Required to set up a Hot Stone Massage Practice
• The Holistic Approach
• History of Mainstream Massage
• Physical Effects of Massage – Short and Long Term:
• Short Term effects include – Improvement of Skin Tone and Circulation, Encourages Better Sleep, Promotes Relaxation, Deeper and more efficient Breathing and Better Lymph Drainage
• Long Term effects include – Lowering of Blood Pressure, Boosting the Immune System, Balances the Digestive and Waste Symptoms and Improvement of Muscle Suppleness and Strength
• Basic Anatomy & Physiology:
• The Skin, Circulatory System, Pulmonary Circulation, Lymphatic System, Muscular System and Nervous System
• Diseases and Disorders
• Massage Techniques and Mediums
• Emotional Effects of Massage – Short and Long Term:
• Short Term effects include – Relaxation of the Body reducing Stress and Tension, Relaxation of the Mind, Increasing Overall Energy and Lifting the Emotions
• Long Term effects include – Improvement of Body Image and Self Belief, Improvement of Self Esteem and Sustained Ability and Mind
• Cautions and Total Contra-Indications to Holistic Massage include – Pregnancy 1st Trimester, Cancer and Infectious Diseases etc
• Conditions requiring Medical Approval include – Heart & Vascular Conditions, Conditions being treated by a Medical Practitioner, Epilepsy and Asthma
• Local Contra-Indications include – Skin Diseases (non contagious), Varicose Veins, Cuts and Bruises and Scar Tissue etc
• Using and Caring for the Stones
• The Effects of Thermotherapy on the Body
• Stone Placement
• The Chakras
• Stone Sets
• Preparing to Treat a Client
• Preparing the Stones
• Creating the Correct Environment
• The Consultation Process
• A Complete Stone Massage Treatment
• Working with Clients and Communication Skills
• Ethics, Legalities and Professionalism
• Business Practicalities
• Running a Therapy Practice
Hot Stone Therapy Course Outcome
A Practitioner/Therapist Level Qualification is awarded on successful completion of this course. See our Accreditation Page for the list of ‘independent accrediting bodies’ who approve and accredit our courses in the UK and around the World.
Hot Stone Therapy Course Feedback
North Yorkshire, England
Many thanks I am delighted with the final result for my course!
I wanted you to know that I thought this Hot Stone Therapy course was excellent, the subject materials went into more depth than I expected and gave very clear instruction for the ‘practical section’. A very enjoyable and informative course. Thank you!
Hot Stone Therapy Course Instalments
Tutored: Single payment of £295
or £95 deposit followed by 4 monthly payments of £50.
Self Study: Single payment of £135
or £50 deposit followed by 2 monthly payments of £50.
Tutored: Single payment of $590
or $190 deposit followed by 4 monthly payments of $100
Self Study: Single payment of $270
or $100 deposit followed by 2 monthly payments of $100.
If you need more information about our Hot Stone Therapy courses, please complete the form:
Note: Add our domain (naturalhealthcourses.com) to your email safe/white list to make sure you receive our reply straight to your inbox not your junk/spam folder!