Subjects included in this Course
• History & Origins of CBT
• CBT Distinctive Characteristics
• Teaching and Learning Coping skills
• Problem solving solutions
• Changing behaviours and beliefs
• Solving life problems
• Dealing with negative thoughts
• Establishing the therapeutic relationship (practitioner and client)
• Boundary issues
• ABC Model – Activating events-Beliefs-Consequences
• Balancing Statements and exercise
• Disclosure and Consent Techniques (used during the consultations)
• Cognitions (thought or visual image to focus attention on)
• Cognitive Techniques (diary keeping, worksheets, turning questions to statements, using distraction methods)
• Behavioural Techniques (turning negative thoughts into positive statements)
• Activity scheduling
• Physical Techniques (Relaxation, Controlled breathing, Sleep management, physical exercise)
• Understanding the Assumptions and Beliefs of your client
• The Socratic question and answer method
• Anxiety and OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorders)
• Anger, Depression and Stress
• Self Esteem, Alcohol & Drug Addiction and Eating Disorders
• Self Awareness & Mindfulness
• The CBT Therapist and their Clinic
• Client Consultations and treatment sessions
• Real life ‘case study’ from a Professional CBT Practitioner
About the CBT Course
The course covers the history, techniques and applications that go to make up the CBT process, plus a guide to dealing with the most common presenting issues faced by the CBT therapist. Whether you want to work as a Cognitive Behavioural Therapist or CBT consultant with your own specialised clinic or simply study for your own benefit – this course could change your life and the way you deal with the world around you completely. Everyone can benefit from the knowledge found in this course.
Those around you will benefit from the balanced and positive approach you will be spreading through the new tuning of your thoughts and awareness. It is also a very ‘highly recommended tool’ for all Holistic Therapists to broaden their skills and knowledge and improve their interpersonal skills with their clients and peers. Successful completion of this course will qualify you to work as a CBT practitioner/therapist.
CBT Course Outcome
This course leads to a Practitioner/Therapist Level Qualification. See our Accreditation Page for the list of ‘independent accrediting bodies’ who approve and accredit our courses in the UK and around the World.
CBT Course Feedback
I use CBT in school with sixth-form children having mainly eating disorders and anger issues. This course has been invaluable in structuring the approach to practical work. The methods described do actually work and I feel they have really enhanced the lives of a number of children who would otherwise have been labelled difficult or disruptive. Many thanks for a really amazing course.
CBT Course Instalments
Tutored: Single payment of £295
or £95 deposit followed by 4 monthly payments of £50.
Self Study: Single payment of £135
or £35 deposit followed by 4 monthly payments of £25.
Tutored: Single payment of $590
or $190 deposit followed by 4 monthly payments of $100.
Self Study: Single payment of $270
or $70 deposit followed by 4 monthly payments of $50.
If you need more information about our Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Courses, please complete the form:
Note: Add our domain (naturalhealthcourses.com) to your email safe/white list to make sure you receive our reply straight to your inbox not your junk/spam folder!