Subjects included in the Course
• What is Diabetes Mellitus?
• Diabetes Types 1 & 2
• Why Holistic Therapists should be knowledgeable about diabetes
• Long term complications from diabetes due to late diagnosis
• Duty of care that the therapist owes to the client
• The endocrine system and the pancreas
• Production of the hormones insulin and glucagons
• The regulation of blood sugar
• Hyperglycemia and Hypoglycemia
• The importance of Diet and Weight Control
• Levels of blood glucose
• The symptoms of diabetes
• The complications and long term physical damage caused by diabetes
• Blindness, kidney failure, heart disease, nerve damage, and limb amputations
• Implications for the Holistic Therapist
• How the therapist can make a ‘preliminary assessment’ and refer to a Medical Professional
• Managing the initial discussion
• The questions that the therapist needs to ask and how the answers may be interpreted
• Assessing the results of the discussion session
• How to advise on Dietary measures and exercise programmes
• How you can incorporate diabetic risk assessment into your practice
Diabetes Risk Awareness Course Outcome
A Practitioner/Therapist Level Qualification is awarded on successful completion of this course. See our Accreditation Page for the list of ‘independent accrediting bodies’ who approve and accredit our courses in the UK and around the World.
About Our Diabetes Risk Awareness Course Writer and Tutor – Tony Edwards
Tony Edwards holds advanced qualifications in Nutrition, Counselling, Psychotherapy and Behaviour Modification, Stress Management, Transpersonal Psychotherapy and Naturopathy. He is a Nationally Registered Hypnotherapist and Hypnoanalyst, a Fellow of the British Institute of Hypnotherapy and a Registered Member of the Association of Natural Medicine. Tony is also the author of internationally recognised training courses and texts in these subjects. He is a member of several ‘Professional Bodies’ concerned with various modalities in the complementary therapy field, a Member of the Nutrition Society, and a Life Fellow of Medicina Alternativa.
Those who have studied with us previously, will be familiar with Tony’s excellent presentation of many of our courses. These include: Hypnotherapy, Medical Hypnotherapy, Past Life Therapy, Clinical Nutrition and Meridian Psychotherapy.
Tony has written an article entitled “Obesity – A briefing for Complementary Therapists” where he discusses the implications of the spiralling obesity problem. The article also suggests that Holistic Therapists have an ‘important role’ to play in combating the problem, by offering Nutritional advice to their clients
Diabetes Risk Awareness Course Feedback
Thank you very much for your congratulations on the successful completion of the course in Diabetes Risk Awareness. For me, a foreigner who cannot speak English well, it is particularly important to obtain a Grade A pass. I hope I can also study my other courses successfully as well.
It is the first step to my new career. I am just 55 years old, but I think that it is never too late to start doing something that people are interested in. Thanks to your school I can, like many people from around the world, fulfill my wishes and dreams.
I wish you many happy and successful students, and therapists, who also bear the seal of the School of Natural Health Sciences to their clients, and transmit the knowledge and experience gained.
Diabetes Risk Awareness Course Instalments
Tutored: Single payment of £295
or £95 deposit followed by 4 monthly payments of £50.
Self Study: Single payment of £135
or £50 deposit followed by 2 monthly payments of £50.
Tutored: Single payment of $590
or $190 deposit followed by 4 monthly payments of $100
Self Study: Single payment of $270
or $100 deposit followed by 2 monthly payments of $100.
If you need more information about our Diabetes Risk Awareness Courses, please complete the form:
Note: Add our domain (naturalhealthcourses.com) to your email safe/white list to make sure you receive our reply straight to your inbox not your junk/spam folder!