Subjects included in the Course
• What is Hopi Candling?
• Contra-indications – Who can be treated?
• How do Hopi candles work?
• Candle ingredients and storage
• History of Ear Candling
• Anatomy and Physiology of the Ear – Outer, Middle and Inner Ear
• Sound and Balance
• Types of Hearing Loss – Conductive, Sensor Neural, Mixed, Central and Functional
• Anatomy and Physiology of the Head – Bones, Muscles and Facial Sinuses
• Pre-treatment Preparation
• The Ear Candling Treatment
• Massage Routine
• The Importance of Aftercare – Short Term and Long Term Advice
• Points to consider in Treatment Formulations
• Ear Conditions you may encounter as a Therapist
• Other Therapies that complement Hopi Ear Candling are discussed
• The Hopi Ear Therapist’s Practice
• Creating the right professional conditions and workspace
• Working with Clients
• Communication Styles and Skills
• Building the therapist and client relationship
• Defining Boundaries
• Business Practicalities
• Ethics, Legalities and Professionalism
• Working from separate premises, your own home or mobile home visits – advantages and disadvantages are discussed
• Running a Therapy Practice – finding clients, advertising etc
• Continuing Professional Development – CPD
How Hopi Ear Candling Works
This now popular therapy was probably used in ancient times for cleansing, purifying and healing on a spiritual level, but today it is known for its more physical benefits in treating ear and sinus problems. The practice is safe, non-invasive and pleasant. The candle itself is made from natural ingredients – usually beeswax and natural herbs. Sometimes pure essential oils are added to achieve specific therapeutic results. The procedure is comfortable and soothing. Recipients of the treatment sometimes fall asleep, and it has a relaxing, calming effect on the whole body.
The candles work on a ‘chimney’ principle, drawing up impurities from within the ear. The rising air also has the effect of giving the eardrum a gentle massage, which, in turn, helps to regulate pressure. Locally applied heat also has the effect of stimulating blood circulation, which can strengthen the immune system and enhance lymph circulation. The treatment is completed with a gentle massage, which helps to stimulate the acupoints and drain the sinuses.
The Benefits of Hopi Ear Candling
Hopi Ear Candles are ideal for all ages and especially beneficial for children and elderly people. Use can bring relief from the discomfort associated with ear wax build up, sinus congestion, pressure in the ears, headaches and much, much more!! Many people from all walks of life are discovering the benefits of using Hopi Ear Candles for a wide range of conditions associated with the ear, nose and throat. Now you can learn how to do this for others, safely and effectively.
Workshops are provided by the course writer Sue Etherden. Please Click Here for more information.
Hopi Ear Candling Course Outcome
A Practitioner/Therapist Level Qualification is awarded on successful completion of this course. See our Accreditation Page for the list of ‘independent accrediting bodies’ who approve and accredit our courses in the UK and around the World.
Hopi Ear Candling Course Instalments
Tutored: Single payment of £295
or £95 deposit followed by 4 monthly payments of £50.
Self Study: Single payment of £135
or £50 deposit followed by 2 monthly payments of £50.
Tutored: Single payment of $590
or $190 deposit followed by 4 monthly payments of $100
Self Study: Single payment of $270
or $100 deposit followed by 2 monthly payments of $100.
If you need more information about our Hopi Ear Candling courses, please complete the form:
Note: Add our domain (naturalhealthcourses.com) to your email safe/white list to make sure you receive our reply straight to your inbox not your junk/spam folder!