Advanced Stress Management Course Requirements:
Students wishing to enrol on this course must hold a Practitioner/Therapist level qualification, in Stress Management. Those who have achieved these qualifications from training establishments, other than the School of Natural Health Sciences, are also very welcome to enrol on this course. However, you will need to provide a copy of your qualification prior to receiving any coursework.
Intend to Study Stress Management to the Advanced Level?
Stress Management 2 for 1 – If you choose to order the Stress Management & Advanced Stress Management Courses at the same time we will give you the non-advanced Course for Free (Offer does not apply to payments made by instalments).
Subjects included in the Course
• Definition of Stress
• Definition of Stress Management
• The Medical Approach to Stress – Drugs and Pharmaceuticals
• The Non-Medical Approach to Stress – Holistic Therapies including Aromatherapy, Massage, Herbal Remedies, Reflexology and Psychotherapy etc are discussed
• Physical Effects of Stress:
• The Brain – Cerebral Lateralisation
• The Autonomic Nervous System – Sympathetic and Parasympathetic
• The Immune System – Disorders of Immunity, Auto-Immune Disorders and
Disorders of the Cardiovascular System
• Ischemic Heart Disease – Angina Pectoris, Myocardial Infarction and Congestive Cardiac Failure
• Rheumatic Heart Disease
• Hypertension – Causes and Complications
• Disorders of the Respiratory System – Important Signs and Symptoms include: Breathlessness, Cough and Haemoptysis etc
• Upper Respiratory Conditions including, Asthma, Pulmonary Embolism and Pleurisy etc
• The Physical and Mental Symptoms of Stress:
• The Physical Symptoms of Stress and Psychosomatic Illness
• The Mental Symptoms of Stress and the Mood Table
• Psychology – Study of the Mind – Understanding and Overcoming Stress
• The Communication Cycle:
• Opening the Bridge of Communication with Your Client – Examples of 7 Processes are given
• Trauma – 3 Types – T1, T2 and T3
• Trauma Process – Random & Specific
• Relaxation Process for Trauma
• Defining and Treating Phobias – 3 Processes are explained
• The Eight Horizons of Survival
• Reacting and Responding – Negative and Positive Reactions
• Stress Management Treatment Techniques:
• Relaxation through Breathing
• The Respiratory System- Breathing Correctly
• Respiration and The Nervous System
• Specific Relaxation Practices – Breathing Techniques, Diaphragmatic Breathing and Counting the Breaths
• Progressive Muscular Relaxation
• Health, Exercise and Stress
• Nutrition – What Constitutes a Good Diet- Cave Dweller Theory v Modern Man
• The Mind/Body Connection
• Conducting a Consultation:
• Taking Personal Details and History
• Checklist of Possible Problems Experienced by a Client
• Self Awareness Questions for your Client
• Rules for Stress Reduction
• First Aid
Advanced Stress Management Course Outcome
A Practitioner/Therapist Level Qualification is awarded on successful completion of this course. See our Accreditation Page for the list of ‘independent accrediting bodies’ who approve and accredit our courses in the UK and around the World.
Advanced Stress Management Course Feedback
West Yorkshire, England
Thank you very much for your e-mail. I am of course, delighted with the outcome of my Advanced Stress Management course, Grade A with Distinction is wonderful news!
I have to say I have thoroughly enjoyed all the SNHS courses I have undertaken (I think 12 so far) and look forward to selecting a few more in the near future.
Advanced Stress Management Course Instalments
Tutored: Single payment of £495
or £95 deposit followed by 6 monthly payments of £67.
Self Study: Single payment of £195
or £48.75 deposit followed by 3 monthly payments of £48.75.
Tutored: Single payment of $990
or $190 deposit followed by 5 monthly payments of $160
Self Study: Single payment of $390
or $97.50 deposit followed by 3 monthly payments of $52
If you need more information about our Advanced Stress Management courses, please complete the form:
Note: Add our domain (naturalhealthcourses.com) to your email safe/white list to make sure you receive our reply straight to your inbox not your junk/spam folder!