Subjects included in the Course
• What is Stress?
• Responding to the pressures in our lives
• The Mind, Endorphins and How Stress Manifests
• Presenting symptoms of Stress i.e. (palpitations, insomnia, indigestion anger and easy frustration etc)
• Four Main Area of our Lives – our friends, home environment, work and creative play
• Stress and our Bodies – Skin, Lungs, Heart, Liver, Digestive System, Bladder and Muscles
• Acknowledging Tension
• Conditions that may be helped with Relaxation Therapy – Asthma, Anxiety Attacks, Eczema, IBS, Migraine/Headaches, PMT, Menopause, Traumatic Shock Syndrome (PTSD) etc
• Conscious Relaxation
• Counselling in a nut-shell
• The Effects of Exercise on the Physiology
• Types of Exercise
• Aerobic – Cycling, Dancing, Jogging, Running, Swimming etc
• Anaerobic – Interval training, Sprint Running, Weight Training etc
• The Effect of Exercise on the Mind – Participation and our Ability to Relax
• Exercise through the Subtle Body – The Martial Arts, Tai Chi, All forms of Yoga etc
• Finding the Right Exercise for the Client
• Brain Waves and Deep Relaxation
• Progressive Relaxation Therapy
• Sleep and Deep Relaxation – Levels and Types of Sleep
• Meditation through the Senses – techniques and benefits
• Colour in Deep Relaxation – Interpretation of the Colours
• Relaxation through Visualisation
• Visualisation Techniques – Deep Breathing, Mindfulness, Meditation etc.
• Crystal Healing – useful types of stones – Clear Quartz, Amethyst, Rose Quartz, Lapis Lazuli
• Music for Deep Relaxation
• Relaxation through Smell – Aromatherapy, essential oils, sedative oils, regulating oils etc
• Relaxation through Touch – Hands on Therapy, Preparatory Exercise for the Therapist
• Method for Practise – The Body Sequence
• Clothing Recommendations to Reduce Stress
• Relaxation with Water – Sea Water, Fresh Water, Mineral Waters
• Setting up as a Therapist
Professional Relaxation Therapy Course Outcome
A Practitioner/Therapist Level Qualification is awarded on successful completion of this course. See our Accreditation Page for the list of ‘independent accrediting bodies’ who approve and accredit our courses in the UK and around the World.
Professional Relaxation Therapy Course Feedback
Port Jefferson Station, NY
I am taking my first course with SNHS, the Professional Relaxation Therapist course. I am so happy that I decided to take this course with SNHS. The course is excellent and I am my first client.
I have been diagnosed with PTSD and GAD for years and I have been fighting through it and even medication has not helped much. Since I started using the therapies in the course my PTSD and GAD is completely under control without medication. This is a miracle. I can’t wait to start my professional practice and start helping others who are suffering like I was.
Looking into the future I believe I will take the aromatherapy course next to enhance my healing practice. Thank you SNHS, thank you for a new lease on life and a new career! Oh did I mention that the course work is absolutely on a professional level.
Professional Relaxation Therapy Course Instalments
Tutored: Single payment of £295
or £95 deposit followed by 4 monthly payments of £50.
Self Study: Single payment of £135
or £50 deposit followed by 2 monthly payments of £50.
Tutored: Single payment of $590
or $190 deposit followed by 4 monthly payments of $100
Self Study: Single payment of $270
or $100 deposit followed by 2 monthly payments of $100.
If you need more information about our Professional Relaxation Therapy courses, please complete the form:
Note: Add our domain (naturalhealthcourses.com) to your email safe/white list to make sure you receive our reply straight to your inbox not your junk/spam folder!