Subjects included in this Course
• Fundamentals of vegan nutrition
• Environmental implications
• Why go vegan?
• The many health benefits
• Plant-based diets & the brain
• Plants and the immune system
• Gut microbiome
• The vegan food plate
• Whole grains
• Monounsaturated & polyunsaturated fats
• Vitamin B12
• Vitamin D
• Iron and calcium
• Phytates & oxalates
• Vegan diet for athletes
• Vegan diet for the over 50s
• Protein and the essential amino acids
• Organic food
• Functional foods
• Food fortification and supplementation
• Designing the new diet
• Transitioning to the vegan diet
• Day to day challenges
• Preparing meals in mixed vegan and non-vegan families
• Dealing with cravings
• Natural dairy, fish and meat swaps
• The role of processed foods in the vegan diet
• Reading labels
• Raising kids on the vegan diet
• Pregnant and breastfeeding mums
• Kitchen tools and equipment
• Store cupboard ideas
• Cooking methods and nutrient preservation
• Saving energy in the kitchen
• Seasoning, herbs and spices
• Thickeners and gels
• Making base sauces, stocks, soups and dressings
• Germinating, sprouting, fermenting and dehydrating
• Recipes for breakfast, snacks, drinks, lunch, dinner and desserts
• Nutrition programmes – where to start!
• At risk clients
Plant Based Nutrition Course Outcome
A Practitioner/Therapist Level Qualification is awarded on successful completion of this course. See our Accreditation Page for the list of ‘independent accrediting bodies’ who approve and accredit our courses in the UK and around the World.
About Our Plant Based Nutrition Course Writer – Zerlina Mastin
Zerlina Mastin has a BSc in Nutrition & Dietetics from Kings College London, and an MSc in Public Health Nutrition from the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine. Zerlina has over 10 years experience working in the health and nutrition sector, initially working as a dietician within the NHS before turning to freelance nutrition. As a Registered Nutritionist with the UK Voluntary Register of Nutritionists (UKVRN), Zerlina is the author of ‘Nutrition for Dancers’. Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) registration number DT14696, British Dietetic Association (BDA) membership number 19508.
Plant Based Nutrition Course Instalments
Tutored: Single payment of £295
or £95 deposit followed by 4 monthly payments of £50.
Self Study: Single payment of £135
or £50 deposit followed by 2 monthly payments of £50.
Tutored: Single payment of $590
or $190 deposit followed by 4 monthly payments of $100.
Self Study: Single payment of $270
or $100 deposit followed by 2 monthly payments of $100.
If you need more information about our Plant-Based Nutrition Course, please complete the form:
Note: Add our domain (naturalhealthcourses.com) to your email safe/white list to make sure you receive our reply straight to your inbox not your junk/spam folder!