Subjects included in the Course
- The Head and it’s Development from Birth
- History and Development of Indian Massage
- Modern Lifestyles and Indian Head Massage
- Benefits of Head Massage
- Contra-indications for Head Massage
- Preparation of the Treatment Area
- Techniques – Effleurage, Petrissage, Tapping, Hacking and Kneading
- Starting Point of the Treatment– Upper Back and Shoulder Massage
- Location of the Marmas – Pressure Points in the Head and Neck
- When and Where to Massage – 8 factors are discussed
- Massage Areas:
- The Spine
- The Neck
- The Upper Arm
- Essential Oils for Head Massage – Oils which relax the muscles
- Using the Oils – Carrier (Base) and Essential Oils
- The initial placement of the oil on the Scalp – the first 3 important spots
- Massage of the Scalp and Ear
- Completing the Treatment – Massage of the Face
- Anatomy of the Upper Back and Head:
- Muscles are grouped into 3 types – Cardiac, Smooth (Involuntary) and Voluntary
- Voluntary Muscles include – Trapezius, Sternocleidomastoid, Deltoid, Epicranius and Platysma
- Bones – including the Spine, Clavicle, Scapula, Humerus, and the Skull etc
- The Nervous System – the Brain Stem, Cerbellum and Cerebrum
- The Circulatory System
- The Chakras and their position on the Spine
- Guidelines for Meditation
- Practical Work and Case Study Guidelines
- Professionalism and Ethics for the Holistic Therapist
Indian Head Massage Course Outcome
A Practitioner/Therapist Level Qualification is awarded on successful completion of this course. See our Accreditation Page for the list of ‘independent accrediting bodies’ who approve and accredit our courses in the UK and around the World.
Indian Head Massage Course Feedback
Thank you so much for your very welcome email giving the result of my Indian Head Massage final exam! Have been on tenterhooks for the last few days but this news is well worth the nerves!
Am looking forward to receiving my diploma and I will be starting my practice at the Sunnydale Health Clinic in Ivybridge, Devon from the 7th September – just weekends to start with, then building up as I continue to study your Nutrition Course and others. I intend cutting down on my regular job until I can let it go altogether.
I am really enjoying my coursework with the School of Natural health Sciences and it’s doubly satisfying knowing that I can start a ‘new career path’ at 55!
Indian Head Massage Course Instalments
Tutored: Single payment of £295
or £147.50 deposit followed by 1 monthly payment of £147.50.
Self Study: Single payment of £135
or £75 deposit followed by 1 monthly payment of £75.
Tutored: Single payment of $590
or $295 deposit followed by 1 monthly payment of $295
Self Study: Single payment of $270
or $150 deposit followed by 1 monthly payment of $150.
If you need more information about our Indian Head Massage courses, please complete the form:
Note: Add our domain (naturalhealthcourses.com) to your email safe/white list to make sure you receive our reply straight to your inbox not your junk/spam folder!