Subjects included in this Course
• Ethical & Sustainable Eating – What does it involve?
• Food & Health, individual, cultural or scientific – evaluation
• Food as fuel
• Changes to diet
• Defining sustainable food
• What is ethical eating?
• Permaculture – ecological and efficient systems
• Today’s diet
• The Balanced Plate – carbohydrates, vegetables & fruits, Proteins, dietary fat, vitamins & minerals
• The balanced plate
• The Food Pyramid
• Cuisines from around the World
• Costs of Ethical and sustainable eating
• Plant based diets in health and disease!
• Mental well-being
• Mindful eating
• Organically produced foods
• Raw Foods
• Grains and Legumes
• Food waste; reduce, reuse, recycle
• Best before and Use by dates clarified
• Food composting
• Tips and hints for ‘growing your own’
• Meat, Fish, Eggs and dairy products – ‘Striking the happy balance’
• Food preservation and processing explained
• Recipes for cooking sustainably
Ethical & Sustainable Eating Course Outcome
A Practitioner/Therapist Level Qualification is awarded on successful completion of this course. See our Accreditation Page for the list of ‘independent accrediting bodies’ who approve and accredit our courses in the UK and around the World.
About Our Ethical & Sustainable Eating Course Writer – Zerlina Mastin
Zerlina Mastin has a BSc in Nutrition & Dietetics from Kings College London, and an MSc in Public Health Nutrition from the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine. Zerlina has over 10 years experience working in the health and nutrition sector, initially working as a dietician within the NHS before turning to freelance nutrition. As a Registered Nutritionist with the UK Voluntary Register of Nutritionists (UKVRN), Zerlina is the author of ‘Nutrition for Dancers’. Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) registration number DT14696, British Dietetic Association (BDA) membership number 19508.
Ethical & Sustainable Eating Course Instalments
Tutored: Single payment of £295
or £95 deposit followed by 4 monthly payments of £50.
Self Study: Single payment of £135
or £50 deposit followed by 2 monthly payments of £50.
Tutored: Single payment of $590
or $190 deposit followed by 4 monthly payments of $100
Self Study: Single payment of $270
or $100 deposit followed by 2 monthly payments of $100.
If you need more information about our Ethical & Sustainable Eating Courses, please complete the form:
Note: Add our domain (naturalhealthcourses.com) to your email safe/white list to make sure you receive our reply straight to your inbox not your junk/spam folder!