Subjects included in this Course:
• Introduction to 30 of the most well known ‘Essential Oils’
• Properties of ‘Essential Oils’, Uses and Contra-Indications
• Carrier Oils for Diluting the ‘Essential Oils’
• Combining the ‘Essential Oils’ Together and Blending Techniques
• Full Aromatherapy Body Massage: Back Massage; Back & Front of Legs; Neck; Arms & Shoulders and the Scalp & Face
• Massage techniques used: Effleurage, Petrissage & Tapotement
• Central Nervous System & Autonomic Nervous System
• The Positive Effects of Massage when Combined with ‘Essential Oils’
• Therapeutic Oil Recipes
• Psychology – understanding your client
• Other holistic therapies that will combine with Aromatherapy
• Anatomy & Physiology
• Presenting Yourself as a Professional Therapist
• Taking a ‘Case History’
• Record Card
• First Aid
Students obtaining 80% average pass marks will be awarded an accredited SNHS Diploma entitling them to practise. Once you have completed this course you will be fully equipped to practise as an Aromatherapist. At this stage, serious students wishing to expand their skills are recommended to continue with our Advanced Aromatherapy Course.
Aromatherapy is a holistic hands-on therapy which promotes a physical, spiritual, emotional and mental sense of harmony. This entirely relaxing massage treatment uses the essences from plants to help balance and unify the mind, body and spirit. Aromatherapy has proved to be highly successful in the alleviation and cure of many ailments. Aromatherapy works in two ways – the widely accepted benefits of body massage and the inhalation of essential oils reduce stress and improve the general state of health and well-being. This is a comforting, reassuring and healing therapy.
Which distance learning study method should you choose?
Self Study: We recommend this more economical study method to students who are already familiar with studying and those who require the minimum amount of feedback with their coursework.
Tutored: This study method provides that extra support from a ‘Professional Tutor,’ by email, for people who like or need additional encouragement and feedback throughout their studies.