Advanced Nutrition Course Requirements:
Students wishing to enrol on this course must hold a Practitioner/Therapist level qualification, in ‘Our Foundation Course in Nutrition‘ Those who have achieved these qualifications from training establishments, other than the School of Natural Health Sciences, are also very welcome to enrol on this course. However, you will need to provide a copy of your qualification prior to receiving any coursework.
Intend to Study Nutrition to the Advanced Level?
Nutrition 2 for 1 – If you choose to order the Clinical Nutrition & Advanced Nutrition Courses at the same time we will give you the non-advanced Course for Free (Offer does not apply to payments made by instalments).
Subjects included in this Course
• The Role of Essential Nutrients – categories and sub-categories
• pH Values
• The Digestive System – the major organs and structures
• The Process of Digestion and Absorption
• The Digestive System Interrelationships with other Body Systems – The Integumentary, Skeletal, Muscular, Nervous, Endocrine, Cardiovascular, Lymphatic, Respiratory and Urinary Systems
• The Chemical Actions in the Digestive Process
• In depth study of Vitamins: A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B12 C, D, E, H, K and Choline
• Carbohydrates – Complex and Simple
• Cholesterol – High Density Lipoprotein (HDL) and Low Density Lipoprotein (LDL)
• Cholesterol and Diet
• Fats and Lipids
• Function of Fat in the Diet – Saturated Fat, Unsaturated Fat, Omega 3, Omega 6, Gamma Linolenic Acid and Trans Fats
• Minerals – Micro and Macro. Signs of Deficiencies
• Protein and Fibre – Daily Protein requirement, Effects of Protein Deficiency
• Anti-oxidants and Gluten
• Water – Effects of Dehydration in the Body – Loss of Appetite, Skin, Fatigue & Weakness, Chills etc.
• Dairy Intolerance – Lactose – Primary Lactase Deficiency, Secondary Lactase Deficiency, Congenital Lactase Deficiency and Familial Lactase Deficiency are discussed.
• Treatment of Lactose Intolerance – Foods to avoid and Lactose Free Food and Drinks
• Nut Allergy – Causes, Symptoms and Treatment Options. Alternative sources of Nutrients
• Vegetarian and Vegan Dietary Requirements – Vitamins and Minerals – Planning a Nutritious Vegetarian Diet
• Anti-Nutrients – Definition and Types of Anti-Nutrients
• Breakdown of Dietary and Nutritional Values of Common Foods – Eggs, Milk, Fish, Fruit, Vegetable, Meat and Nuts
• Diseases of the Digestive System – Acid Reflux, IBS, Crohn’s Disease, Diverticulitis etc.
• Obesity – Causes and Symptoms are discussed
• Diet and Pain Management
• How foods fight pain.
• Different Foods for Different Kinds of Pain
• Using Foods against Injury and Irritation
• Foods and Nerve Function
• Foods that Fight Inflammation
• The Four Week Anti-Arthritis Diet
• Metabolic and Immune Problems – Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Kidney Stones and Urinary Infections etc
• Sugar – The Hidden Menace in Everyday Foods
• Food Diary sheet with working tips
Advanced Nutrition Course Outcome
A Practitioner/Therapist Level Qualification is awarded on successful completion of this course. See our Accreditation Page for the list of ‘independent accrediting bodies’ who approve and accredit our courses in the UK and around the World.
About the Advanced Nutrition Course Writer
To maintain continuity we are delighted that the author of our basic course in Holistic Nutrition, Tony Edwards, has offered to write this truly exceptional course for us.
Tony Edwards holds advanced qualifications in Nutrition, Counselling, Psychotherapy and Behaviour Modification, Stress Management, Transpersonal Psychotherapy and Naturopathy. He is a Nationally Registered Hypnotherapist and Hypnoanalyst, a Fellow of the British Institute of Hypnotherapy and a Registered Member of the Association of Natural Medicine. Tony is also the author of internationally recognised training courses and texts in these subjects. He is a member of several ‘Professional Bodies’ concerned with various modalities in the complementary therapy field, a Member of the Nutrition Society, and a Life Fellow of Medicina Alternativa.
Those who have studied with us previously, will be familiar with Tony’s excellent presentation of many of our courses. These include: Hypnotherapy, Medical Hypnotherapy, Past Life Therapy, Diabetic Risk Awareness, and Meridian Psychotherapy.
Tony has written an article entitled “Obesity – A briefing for Complementary Therapists” where he discusses the implications of the spiralling obesity problem. The article also suggests that Holistic Therapists have an ‘important role’ to play in combating the problem, by offering Nutritional advice to their clients.
Advanced Nutrition Course Feedback
Thank you so much for my Advanced Nutrition exam result, I am very flattered. As soon as I finish Anatomy & Physiology Course I will contact you regarding The Higher International Diploma and Allergy Testing Course. Again, thank you for all your effort to prepare essential materials for these courses, which helped me understand more.
I am fully satisfied with my studies and can’t wait to take more. All the material is very informative and interesting, and there was always something new I could learn. Also, I always received swift response to any questions I had, thank you very much to you all.
How I found The School of Natural Health Sciences? Well, I have been passionate about healthy living for many years. Since my life totally took a different route, I knew I had to do something worthwhile for myself and others. What could be better than sharing passion and knowledge! One day I was looking at the Health Magazine and found your school, and that was it. The law of attraction was working. I knew that was something I needed, it was really exciting moment for me when I signed in within The School of Natural Health Sciences (and the name of the school is very appealing).
There are many courses to choose from, and I’m thinking of Allergy Testing Course, Stress Management Course and Aromatherapy. For now, I am getting ready to begin my practice as Nutritional Therapist. Again, thank you for all your support. I would recommend The School of Natural Health Sciences for everyone who loves holistic approach to life.
Advanced Nutrition Course Instalments
Tutored: Single payment of £395
or £95 deposit followed by 6 monthly payments of £50.
Self Study: Single payment of £195
or £48.75 deposit followed by 3 monthly payments of £48.75
Tutored: Single payment of $790
or $190 deposit followed by 5 monthly payments of $120
Self Study: Single payment of $390
or $97.50 deposit followed by 3 monthly payments of $97.50
If you need more information about our Advanced Nutrition courses, please complete the form:
Note: Add our domain (naturalhealthcourses.com) to your email safe/white list to make sure you receive our reply straight to your inbox not your junk/spam folder!