These herbal cocktails will have you second guessing every drink you’ve ever ordered. If you’re one for enjoying a refreshing fancy glass of herbal blends with a punch, then you’ve landed on the right page!
Here at The School of Natural Health Sciences we’re all about finding balance in life, so be it sleep, spirituality, or what we put into our bodies, we must always aim to find the healthy middle ground. There is no harm in enjoying a couple of cocktails in good company. Though we do advise to drink responsibly, keep it away from those underaged, and for health’s sake, just don’t overdo it! A hangover is so not holistic!
First up on our herby happy hour list, is this totally divine Gin & Lemon Thyme cocktail.
Herbal Cocktails Nº1
By: Emily Laurence
Creators notes: “The gin’s aromatic notes are underscored by a raw wildflower honey syrup infused with lemon thyme, an herb that has been linked to boost immunity, fight bacteria, and soothe digestion,” Silverman says. The drink is topped off with a fragrant thyme blossom, the perfect aromatherapeutic touch.”
- 2 oz. gin
- 1 oz. fresh lemon juice
- 1 handful of lemon thyme
- 1 oz. lemon thyme syrup (directions below)
- 1 thyme blossom for garnish
- Make the syrup by stirring one-fourth cup hot (but not boiling) water into an equal amount of raw wildflower honey. Crush a handful of lemon thyme and drop it in. Cover and set aside until completely cool, then strain. Extra syrup will last in the refrigerator for several days.
- Fill a shaker with ice and add the gin, syrup, and lemon juice. Shake until well chilled and pour into a glass. Garnish with the thyme blossom.
So to keep that beloved happy hour fresh, minimalistic and full of tasty goodness!
Herbal Cocktails Nº2
Bison Grass-Infused Vodka Cocktail
By: Emily Laurence
Creators notes: “Bison grass was traditionally burned by indigenous tribes for its healing fragrance. It has natural hints of vanilla and coconut that pair beautifully with green juice, lime, and a bit of agave.” (Don’t worry, you won’t have to do the infusing yourself—there are bottled brands that have done the heavy lifting for you.)
- 2 oz. Zubrowka bison grass vodka
- 4 oz. green juice
- 1 oz. fresh lime juice
- 1/2 oz. agave nectar or to taste
- Mint sprigs and small celery stalks for garnish
- Fill a shaker with ice and add the vodka, juices, and agave.
- Shake until well chilled and pour into a glass. Garnish with the mint and celery.
Herbal Cocktails Nº3
Sugar-free Rosé and Mezcal Cocktail
By: Alison Feller
Creators notes: ”It turns out rosé might have met it’s match with mezcal, a majorly trending Mexican spirit that’s been dubbed the ‘healthier tequila’. At first it might sound like a peculiar pairing—given that mezcal, which is made from 100 percent agave, is mainly known for its smokey flavor. But trust: The plant-based liquor is more than okay when combined with the berry notes of blush wines.”
- 1 oz. lime juice
- 1 oz. ginger honey simple syrup (recipe below)
- 2 oz. mezcal
- 2 oz. rosé wine
- 1 handful of ice cubes
Ginger Honey Simple Syrup:
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup honey
- 3 oz. ginger root cut into 1/2-inch pieces
For the simple syrup:
- Pour water into sauce pan and bring to boil.
- Add honey and chopped ginger.
- Simmer on medium for 45–60 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place lid on pot and let cool until syrup is room temperature.
- Using a mesh strainer to separate syrup from ginger pieces, and pour liquid into a large bowl.
- Use a funnel to pour syrup from container into sealable bottle to store in your fridge where it will keep for up to 3 months.
For the cocktail:
- Combine simple syrup, mezcal, and lime juice in a shaker with ice.
- Shake vigorously.
- Strain into coupe and top with rosé.
Fancy a dive into the world of herbs? Try our Herbalism Course
Submerge yourself into the healing world of herbs, and become a qualified practitioner in the process! We offer an ‘entry-level’ and an ‘advanced’ herbalism course, so that students of all levels can gain recognised diplomas. In these courses you will discover the background of herbal medicine, healthy cooking with herbs, natural cosmetics, herbal tonics and vinegars, skin care and so much more.
Enrol with us for your qualification in Herbalism!
Reach for nature’s greatest gift with our internationally accredited Herbalism Course of self-study or tutored guidance.
Our learning establishment prides itself in providing quality holistic education that’s easily accessible and affordable. Every course comes with internationally-recognised diplomas that entitle you to practice as a therapist anywhere in the world. If you’d like a schooling experience with no stress, no commute, no deadlines, no fuss and great value for money, then you’re in the right place!
Enrol with us today and benefit from our celebratory special offer and discover what type of future you could create for yourself.