Home Study is Stress Free!
Many individuals have made the choice to study from their own homes because they can obtain a ‘professional qualification’ without the hassle of working to time frames, attending classes and extra travel costs. Studying at home provides the ideal environment to enjoy the learning curve without any distractions!
Often, we find ourselves wanting to learn more a little later on in life. Maybe you’ve done your basic schooling, worked some, and then plateaued and now you’re wanting a change in lifestyle. Perhaps it’s your responsibilities, motivation or opinions inhibiting you from enrolling at a establishment where you’d need to commute and be away for long periods of time. It could just be you prefer the convenience of self-study or tutor-aided study from the comfort of your own home, working to your own schedule.
Let’s not forget the ones who have acquired qualifications and simply want to complement their knowledge, bulk up their résumé and improve their career options.
“An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.” - Benjamin Franklin
Is home study for me?
The answer is yes if:
- You are computer literate on the most basic levels, or willing to learn (If you’re reading this article you’re already savvy enough.)
- You’d prefer not spending time and money on commuting costs.
- You don’t want the extra expense and inconvenience of lugging around heavy, overpriced textbooks.
- You’re physically unable to leave your house or travel distances, but still want quality learning options.
- You want to expand your knowledge and broaden your horizons.
- You don’t want to have to deal with classmates.
- You prefer independent study than a lecture-led study.
- You are in a place or country where the courses you’re interested in are either unavailable or in a different language.
- You absorb information better when you’re comfortable and relaxed.
- You don’t like the idea of ”going back to school,” yet you want the same quality of education prestigious schools offer.
- You need to accommodate your responsibilities and fit your studies into your life, not the other way around.
- You’re attracted to the convenience of home study and think further education would benefit your life.
If any of these apply to you, then you’re a perfect candidate for home study! There’s no fuss, no commuting, no unnecessary extra costs and the best bit, no stress. The information will always be accessible from your computer or device without taking space up in your home. You can choose whether to print it out and have hard copies, or keep it stored electronically. If you’re worried at all about internet connectivity, you won’t need connection once the courses have been downloaded. That means, study on the go, study in a field, or study in any other no-wifi zone you might happen upon.
So yes, there’s lots of pros when it comes to distance learning. Let’s take a look at the cons.
Unfortunately, you don’t always know what you’re going to get when you’re dealing completely via the internet. Ordering anything online can be a risk, so it’s important to thoroughly check your sources. Meticulously look into the courses you are interested in and read reviews from former students, acquiring as much information as possible before handing over your cash. You need to be aware that not all distance learning schools offer legitimate content and qualifications. In every case, the site offering the courses should be contactable and have a safe payment method available.
We might be blowing our own trumpet here, but The School of Natural Health Sciences is one of the leading sites in distinguished home study courses, open to the public since 1997. We have over 50 holistic therapy courses to choose from and are receiving raving reviews worldwide on a daily basis!
With over 18 years experience in training holistic practitioners, you’re guaranteed high end training with internationally recognised diplomas. We provide reasonably priced package deals, a self-study or tutored option, regular blog posts, workshops and great advice! Our new, state of the art website, accreditation and diligent student care has propelled us into forefront of online schools. Click here to check out all the courses we offer and see for yourself what all the fuss is about.