Subjects included in this Nutrition Course:
• Introduction to the ‘5’ Food Components essential for ‘balanced’ human Nutrition
• Bicarbonate of Soda (Baking Soda)
• Calorific value of common foods – energy values
• Amino Acids – building blocks of protein
• Fatty Acids – good fats!
• Metabolism and Nutrition – Cellular level
• Antioxidants and Free Radicals
• Digestive System
• Absorption of Foods
• Anatomy & Physiology
• Water – Nutrients and how much we need
• Water types
• Proteins, molecules and structures
• Cholesterol – types of fat in the body
• Types of Fat found in food
• Diet theories and options
• Alkaline, Paleolithic diet (Caveman diet)
• Morning Banana diet
• Atkins diet
• Diet for your blood type!
• Balanced diet
• The Cleansing diet
• Treatment of health problems through diet
• Chronic conditions – How diet is used for positive outcomes
• Diets for Medical Conditions e.g. Osteoporosis, Cardio Vascular complaints, Diabetes, Hypertension, Coronary Artery disease etc.
Nutrition Course Outcome
This course leads to a Practitioner/Therapist Level Qualification. See our Accreditation Page for the list of ‘independent accrediting bodies’ who approve and accredit our courses in the UK and around the World.
On successful completion of this course the student will have an understanding of human digestion, and the underlying principles of healthy nutrition. He or she should be capable of giving sound basic advice on the nutritional requirements for good health, in consultation with “paying clients”.
Those wishing to take their understanding to an even higher level are recommended to expand their knowledge with our Advanced Nutrition course.
About Our Nutrition Course Writer and Tutor – Tony Edwards
Tony Edwards holds advanced qualifications in Nutrition, Counselling, Psychotherapy and Behaviour Modification, Stress Management, Transpersonal Psychotherapy and Naturopathy. He is a Nationally Registered Hypnotherapist and Hypnoanalyst, a Fellow of the British Institute of Hypnotherapy and a Registered Member of the Association of Natural Medicine. Tony is also the author of internationally recognised training courses and texts in these subjects. He is a member of several ‘Professional Bodies’ concerned with various modalities in the complementary therapy field, a Member of the Nutrition Society, and a Life Fellow of Medicina Alternativa.
Those who have studied with us previously, will be familiar with Tony’s excellent presentation of many of our courses. These include: Hypnotherapy, Medical Hypnotherapy, Past Life Therapy, Diabetic Risk Awareness, and Meridian Psychotherapy.
Tony has written an article entitled “Obesity – A briefing for Complementary Therapists” where he discusses the implications of the spiralling obesity problem. The article also suggests that Holistic Therapists have an ‘important role’ to play in combating the problem, by offering Nutritional advice to their clients
Nutrition Course Instalments
Tutored: Single payment of £295
or £95 deposit followed by 4 monthly payments of £50.
Self Study: Single payment of £135
or £35 deposit followed by 4 monthly payments of £25.
Tutored: Single payment of $590
or $190 deposit followed by 4 monthly payments of $100
Self Study: Single payment of $270
or $70 deposit followed by 4 monthly payments of $50
If you need more information about our Clinical Holistic Nutrition courses, please complete the form:
Note: Add our domain (naturalhealthcourses.com) to your email safe/white list to make sure you receive our reply straight to your inbox not your junk/spam folder!